Saturday, April 11, 2009

this warms the cockles of my heart

It's hard not to be discouraged. i don't know what i want to do with my life. i know, it's not like this a  truly unique position for a 24 year old, but everything i can dream up that will make me happy seems so impossible. so i work at a bookstore, and at night i doodle cartoon fruit and try to figure out sneaky ways to get people to notice me amongst an already saturated market of artists, craftsters and visionaries. i feel lost, and worse, inferior, among the shuffle. 

that's why finding an advocate like this  made my day. maybe if i keep working towards what i want to do, patiently, and tirelessly, someone will come and discover me. then again, probably not.  it doesn't matter, that's not point. it is simply enough for me to be reassured that somewhere hard work and the labors of love are being rewarded. 

No comments:

Post a Comment