Monday, June 22, 2009

what a lovely evening.

lately i have felt a palpable tension in everyone i know. maybe it's the weariness that comes from worrying about money for too long and too much. maybe it's the still darkening skies although its mid june and everyone is lusting for popsicle weather. last week i felt like someone kept tightening my nerves until they snapped and i ended up as watery a mess as the rest of philadelphia. i am, i think, knee deep in a quarter life crisis; i don't really like my job, i'm still getting comfortable in my home, and there's no guide for the in-between-love-and-other-more-serious-milestones place where my relationship squarely sits. so last thursday i just let it overwhelm me and things have been better ever since i gave up trying to control things. 
so now i am calm, lying in bed with my love, watching harvey. we ate bar-be-qued chicken we made on the george foreman grill for dinner and i'm drinking white wine and feeling sleepy. it's gotten warm enough to lay here in my underpants and a too tight t-shirt that says i *heart* sailors  with the fan blowing across the both of us. i'm very content, for now, and it's enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment