Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My thought while walking through Tower Grove Park today.

You know when you get that jaded feeling after you've been to something really uplifting. You left thinking that you are now going to live EACH DAY TO ITS FULLEST. Then you get cut off in traffic or break a pencil or your crush doesn't ask you out.

How come when it comes to love we have the opposite problem? We want to rush in and be all consuming. We don't want to wait, we want it now.

When love really is the one thing that we should take more preciously. I don't think we should go in guns a blazing. I think that it takes time and patience. Lots of patience. We just need to hold back. Restrain ourselves. Stop look and listen.

I think this made more sense in my head. I think the quote from William Shakespear's Romeo and Juliet is, "Hot running passions are like gunpowder meeting a spark - they cause an explosion that destroys both the gunpowder and the spark."

No comments:

Post a Comment