Friday, April 2, 2010

When Did I First Fall in Love with Christopher?





















I think I first officially fell in love with Christopher Walken in 1995, when my mother let me rent The Prophecy. In it Christopher Walken plays Gabriel, the Arch angel, who is disgusted by humans and God's love of us "monkeys," as he calls it. I think at first I loved him because I played Gabriel in the 1st grade Church play, even though angels are supposedly neither male nor female, all the boys taunted me I was a boy. I had short short hair due to a run-in with Baskin Robbin's bubble gum ice cream.

1997 I loved his cool attitude in Suicide Kings. Though that year I was able to see Mouse Hunt in the theater as I waited for his R rated movies to drop on VHS. 1998 he reprised his role of Gabriel in The Prophecy II. Blast from the Past (1999) wasn't my favorite, but I saw it for Chris and as that year everyone saw Sleepy Hollow for Johnny Depp, I was there for my man. Lt. McDuff made my heart flutter in MacBeth parody Scottland, Pa (2001). 2001 was the year that I realized we were sole mates: Weapon of Choice by Fatboy Slim. The moment I saw him kick-ball-change, my puppy dog love eyes changed and watched the TV with a heated look of passion.

March 31st, was my darling's 67th birthday. Yesterday at work a my dear coworker Tobben showed me the website of artist Brandon Bird, who seems to have quite an admiration for my Chris. One of my favorite pages is Letters to Walken, as per Brandon's site:
While Artist-in-Residence at Cornell's arts dorm, I was expected to come up with
stimulating art-related programs for the students to participate in."Letters to
Walken" allowed them the chance to write their yearly Christmas letter to
Christopher Walken.

Amazing. Much love to my Chris and to Brandon.

P.s. When I see scared spelled "skard" all I can hear is Kathleen saying the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment