Sunday, March 7, 2010

Task Two

Okay so I said I might have to bend the rules a bit. I actually sewed this big silly flower ribbon onto this sweater earlier during the day of your post, but it was a project I had been thinking about for a while, and after fur coat pockets were done, it was probably the last clothing project that I had lying around. I bought the sweater at a thrift shop and it had a funny pink logo with standing lions and something like the words 'rude girl,' but not quite, embroidered on it. I had bought it thinking I would cover it somehow. The ribbon i got for a dollar at a crazy ramshackle 'store' across from a local pub, where i also bought red bloomers, where agent 99 got our streetlight bar lamp and sarah and mike bought a giant, ceramic bull's head. Previously I had pinned the ribbon onto the sweater to try the look, not ready to commit to having the ribbon permanently attached. But after months of it just being tied around my lamp, i decided to go for it and sew it on, and I'm pretty pleased with the results. 

1 comment:

  1. Awww kinda sad that "rude girl" is no longer there. But I am always in love with grey/black and yellow/gold combos.

    ReplyDelete