Sunday, July 25, 2010

11th Grade Literature that I CAN NOT LET GO OF

I was reading my bloggie blogs tonight when I came across Loveship and Susie was talking about Marina Abramovic whose recent work was a 3 month long performance at MoMA, Marina Abramovic: The Artist is Present.

It appears she sat in front of a table and as a visitor you could sit across from her. They have portraits of every visitor who took the second chair and the amount of time spent across from Marina. Then I saw this GEM of a picture and Q: what imagine did it conjure up?

A: If you answered William Faulkner's "A Rose for Emily" you are correct! The only thing missing a pillow with a “long strand of iron-gray hair.” Poor Homer Barron.

1 comment:

  1. three things:

    1.) hi sarah! we never met, but hello. we almost did, when i sorta had a guest artist thing in saint leweee, but that fell through, like most things do.

    2.) my mother named me after that short story.
    of all the emily references in the world, of all the LITERARY emily references in the world, that's my namesake.

    3.) the marina show was awesome. i didn't actually see it, but most of my dancing friends were the people in it. i got the show through their experience which i have decided is better.

    ...when we do meet i will bring a skeleton or a bow and arrow or we can just slap the shit out of each other and we'll call it art.

    ReplyDelete