Saturday, February 27, 2010

Dearest Darling Best Friend,


We are like hourglasses, you and I. Our sand is slowly moving toward our next turning point. Mid-March. Yes most of my coworkers may have some crazy obsession with basketball and brackets this month, but March Madness means something completely different to you and I.


There are three quests I bequeath to you. Your task number uno compliments my first task, as you are to recreate a recipe from your Real Simple magazine that got to ride around with you on our trip to Chicago. And remember, "No Garnished, Not Finished" said Queer Eye for the Straight Guy Food Guru Ted Allen. I want one of those pictures where you are holding your plate of food in front of you loud and proud (This means you need to be in the shot, tell Agent 99 to snap it).


Second, Chicago's glitter and excitement couldn't hold a candle to the simple time we always share together. I felt close to my inter-fashionista as I seam ripped out your vintage fur coat's pockets. The poor silk had gone to a better place, may they rest in peace. Then with machine and hand we crafted new purple pockets, classic! You are to find another article of clothing to refashion be it a missing button or adding detail. We all have "those projects." Sometimes wedged in the back of the closet or it magically gets hidden in another room. Seek, find, and conjure (or concure)!


Third, after you left I knew the smell of books and magazines would lift my spirits. Therefore after Goodwilling it, I slid into my Barnes and Noble gently caressing the bound books, my cheek pressed up against the beginning of Author's whose last name start with 'G' in the Romance section. I picked up the next two in the Dark-Hunter series by Shannon Kenyon (a great recommend by Agent 99). I also caught up on some magazinage, Ready Made, Inked and a special edition of Horror magazine all about werewolves. Ready Made had an amazing article about Modern Dioramas, it caught my eye as I did the flip-through-to-decide-between-this-and-Vogue. If you read the article you will see that they had some coloring book type clip art and painted them. I love your drawings. I want you to draw me some clip art in black pen on white paper and either email me the scanned or mail them over so I can create a diorama for my mama (actually it's for my wall but mama rhymed).

No comments:

Post a Comment