Saturday, October 10, 2009

i have returned..


..not necessarily triumphant. I took the GRE's and am coming out of the mourning my less than stellar score. how can a person spend so much time studying and still not break 700 on verbal...and let's leave math alone. 

BUT, as I said, I am done mourning. Today i am enjoign a study free saturday. I'm wearing the tuxedo t-shirt (complete with red carnation) that agent 99 bought from the five below and reading Dracula (illustrated by Edward Gorey)  in bed. Also listening to Van Helsing's Jukebox, an excellent song by Man Man, and feeling very black and white and red and grown up Halloween chic. I think black and red and white are in fact Halloween colors for grown ups. I know, I know, Halloween is in essence a children's holiday, but I can't help loving that creepy, lovely feeling that steals over me in October. Hence my attempts to celebrate in my own fashion. And le tme tell ou, this book is quite creepy. Dracula is scaling walls headfirst, climbing with his toes and fingers, he's running around as a wolf and feeding kidnapped children in burlap sacks to his succubi. He is also draining the lovely Lucy Westerna dry, though she has been hiding the evidence under a velvet ribbon and diamond buckle choker. 
The only thing I wish is that Edward hadn't drawn only the backside of the Count. I wand to see his Sam Eliott style moustache and I also wish he didn't resemble an outdoor park trench coat pervert quite so much. 


No comments:

Post a Comment