Monday, August 31, 2009

What does it take?

I have had several sex ed classes. I know that I have the power to say "No." That I don't have to take anything from anyone. So in this post 3rd wave feminism society how do agents talk B,C,D and even sometimes A-list celebrities in to doing these movie franchises? To set the scene I was on the way to work when a radio ad for Bring it On: Fight to the Finish came on. Available on DVD in a few weeks.

Bring It On, the original, I love love that movie. Bring It On Again, I have never seen and appropriately it had actresses I've never heard of either. Bring It on: All or Nothing, how do they get Hayden Panettiere and Solange Knowles?? Bring It On: In It To Win It, well I guessed that they were In It To Win It because the last movie they were like, o-m-g All or Nothing. They were able to score one big name for In It To Win It: Tisdale- Jennifer Tisdale, as in High School Musical's Ashley Tisdale's little sister! And now... Bring It On: Fight to the Finish, with the lead conflicted (yet determined) cheerleader role going to Christina Milian.

In case you lost track that is five.. FIVE Bring It On Movies.

So what does it take to sit down Christinia Milian and compliment her, brag on her, get her a bottle of water and then try to get her into the fifth installment of a movie franchise where the last four movies were made for TV/straight to DVD. Did they lie to her and say they were going to promote this in the theater? Did they tell her this was the stepping stone to being like her idols? Did they paint beautiful mental pictures of how they always dreamed of Christina Milian starring in their Bring It On Spectacular Spectacular?

I just want to know what they say for the "yes" because they can always say "no."

No comments:

Post a Comment